Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Perfect Life.......Until.......

One year ago today my life was just about perfect. Now, that's not to say there where days of difficulty. Everyone experiences them. But over all my life was pretty much perfect. I remember when we still lived in the keys and would travel to Georgia as much as we could I would always sing the Green Acres song. You know, the one that goes "Green acres is the place for me, Farm living is the life for me, land spreading so far and wide, keep Manhattan and give me that countryside".

Our family was so excited to make a move and try something new. Up until this day last year "Life Was Good". Tomorrow will be June 26. The day Jessi was diagnosed with this crappy disease called cancer. The same disease that would destroy my beautiful child. I sit here and cannot believe a year has gone by. I never thought that I would be without her. NOT FOR A MINUTE!

I'm here to tell you your life really can change in a moment. Mine did. No one ever thinks its gonna happen to them.

So.....if your reading this and you have kids.....spend time with them. And I mean really spend time with them. Because to kids its not what they are doing but who they are doing it with.....like their Mom and Dad.

I learned that from and 8 year old this week......he talked about what love was to him. And it was simply having parents to spend time with.

Thankfully I was able to spend alot of time with Jessi. And I mean ALOT.
That's another reason this is so hard. Jessi was the whole package for me.

Simply put.........I MISS HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And our "almost perfect life"

No comments:

Post a Comment